IBM Lexmark Laser Printer 4039
How to adjust the bubbles on the rosters and other scan sheets.
1. If the printer is on, turn it off.
2. To enter diagnostics mode, hold down the READY and the RETURN buttons as you turn the printer on. Once the printer says PERFORMING SELF-TESTS, you can let go of the buttons.
3. Select More until you see Print Registration as a choice and press that button.
4. The menu choices are:
Print Test 1
These positions refer to Portrait paper orientation. If your scan sheet is in Landscape paper orientation, turn it to Portrait paper orientation while your are making the adjustments.
CAUTION: Before you make any changes to the printer record the original settings so that the printer can be returned to the original settings if needed.
5. Select Left Margin. Press minus or plus sign 3 or 4 times. Press SAVE.
Press RETURN button to go back to previous menu.
6. Select Top Margin. Press minus or plus sign 3 or 4 times. Press SAVE.
7. After an adjustment is made, you should turn off the printer and turn it back on normally.
8. Generate a roster or scan sheet to determine if the bubbles are centered inside the circles.
9. You may have to repeat the process until the bubbles are in the correct location
Paul Vogel, Jr. Lexmark Technical Support. Compuserve
Paul Weiner, ATS
Text Version of this page
Return to My Home Page
Last Updated: Friday, December 26, 1997 1:24:23 AM